Gates Cambridge Scholarships is open at University of Cambridge for International Students Students from any nationality other than UK. The scholarship allows Masters, PhD level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects few exceptions taught at University of Cambridge . The deadline of the scholarship is Oct/Dec/Jan.
Gates Cambridge Scholarships are extremely competitive full-cost scholarships. They’re awarded to excellent candidates from international locations outdoors the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate diploma in any topic out there on the College of Cambridge.
Gates Cambridge Scholarships have been established by the Invoice and Melinda Gates Basis in 2000 with a $210 million endowment to allow excellent graduate college students from outdoors the UK to review on the College of Cambridge. The awardees are given funding for postgraduate examine on the College at some point of the diploma. The award consists of all tuition prices and a upkeep allowance, at the moment £13,300, and a return financial system airfare. Students are additionally capable of entry journey funds for conferences, have unique use of leisure and social amenities, and take part in an annual retreat to the lake district. The primary students arrived at Cambridge in October 2001, and the Scholarship celebrated its 10th anniversary in July 2010.
Gates Cambridge Scholarships is available to undertake Masters, PhD level programs at University of Cambridge.PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one year postgraduate course
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one year postgraduate course in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.Courses which are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- PGCE• MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers
- tuition fees
- maintenance allowance
- travel costs
- visas, etc.
- It also provides additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
Students from any nationality other than the UK are eligible to apply.
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
- A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- OR already a student at Cambridge and want to apply for a new postgraduate course. For example, if you are studying for an MPhil you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to do a PhD. However, if you have already started a course, you cannot apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the rest of it.OR already a Gates Cambridge Scholar and want to apply for a second Scholarship. You must apply by the second, international deadline and go through the same process of departmental ranking, shortlisting and interviewing as all other candidates.
- Applicants submit their application for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other funding) via the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
- To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.
There are two Gates Cambridge application deadlines: 14 October 2020 (for US citizens resident in the USA) and 3 December 2020 or 7 January 2021 depending on the course (for all other eligible applicants).